Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pg_config, pg_service.conf, postgresql.conf ....
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 09:06 schrieb Dave Page:
>
>>As an example, pgAdmin uses this info to automatically register any
>>local installations.
>

> Curiously enough, pgAdmin already has a "Service" field in its connection
> dialog, but I guess that isn't the same thing.  The documentation is unclear
> on that.

On win32, the name of the win32 service ist to be entered (as used in
the command NET START <servicename>), for *ix the command to start/stop
pgsql (e.g. "sudo /etc/init.d/pgsql", start/stop/status is appended by
pgAdmin).
Apparently, I should add this information to the help file some day.

Regards,
Andreas