Re: windows / initdb oddness

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: windows / initdb oddness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> I will add some trace writes when I get a chance. I was rather hoping
> something would jump out at you, but obviously it hasn't, so I'll have
> to dig into it the slow way. *sigh*

Just eyeballing the code it looks to me like the problem is this line:
       strcat(cmdline, *" --restrictedexec"*);

which is appending an option type argument after the non-option argument.

That would exactly account for the failure when we call "initdb foo" but
not "initdb -D foo".

The solution would be put --restrictedexec earlier on the new command
line. I'll work on that.

cheers

andrew