Re: new feature: LDAP database name resolution

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: new feature: LDAP database name resolution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stephen Frost wrote:

>* Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@svana.org) wrote:
>

>>Perhaps you should look into pg_service.conf. It's a configuration file
>>such that in your connect line you can say:
>>
>>PQconnect("service=production");
>>
>>and in the config file you say:
>>
>>[production]
>>host=db1
>>port=5434
>>dbname=main
>>
>>It's not quite as nice as LDAP to be sure, but it might work well
>>enough for your config. For example, you could write a program to
>>generate that file from an LDAP database.
>>

>If LDAP is really what you're after, though, it seems to me one approach
>that would involve changing only libpq (I think...) would be to support
>having the 'pg_service.conf' in LDAP, essentially.  Perhaps with a
>seperate namespace (ie: "service=ldap:production"), or maybe as a
>fall-back if the name isn't found in a local pg_service.conf.

The location of pg_service.conf is governed by the environment variable
PGSYSCONFDIR. Maybe there should be a facility allow it to point to a
URL which is fetched via libcurl. Then you could have it point to LDAP,
a web server, a tftp server ... lots of places.

cheers

andrew