Re: Search machine is ready

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Search machine is ready
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> Which is rarely flexible enough based on past experience of various *nixes.
>
> I still don't see why this is a problem given that this is a dedicated
> machine, unless you're scared that we will break it because we don't know
> what we're doing (human error not being a factor as your people are no more
> safe from that than we are).
>
> Regards, Dave.

I am not scared *you* will break it. I am scared *someone* may break it.
The more people that have some level of administrative control the more
chance somebody is going to screw it up.

I go back to my mention of nobody knowing who installed an alpha version
of mailman on pgFoundry.

My only real goal here beyond business requirements (and yes they do
apply because this machine is on a business network) is to insure we
have a very stable and secure environment for search.

Unless we decide to move it to a different search platform, this machine
should not change -- ever. Production machines don't change. They are
static except for the data the provide. There shouldn't be any
development on this machine.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake