Re: copy and postgresql.conf

От Jignesh K. Shah
Тема Re: copy and postgresql.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
What version of Solaris are you using?

Do you have the recommendations while using COPY on Solaris?
http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/jkshah?entry=postgresql_on_solaris_better_use

wal_sync_method = fsync
wal_buffers = 128
checkpoint_segments = 128
bgwriter_percent = 0
bgwriter_maxpages = 0

And also for /etc/system on Solaris 10, 9 SPARC use the following

set maxphys=1048576
set md:md_maxphys=1048576
set segmap_percent=50
set ufs:freebehind=0
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmni = 3584
set semsys:seminfo_semmni = 4096
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 15392386252
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 4096

Can you try putting in one run with this values and send back your
experiences on whether it helps your workload or not?

Atleast I saw improvements using the above settings with COPY with
Postgres 8.0 and Postgres 8.1 on Solaris.

Regards,
Jignesh