Re: Patch Submission Guidelines

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

>Finally, several of the patches committed the last few days have been
>fixing minor bugs or platform specific issues with various patches. One
>thing that would be really nice is a real patch queue and have the
>buildfarm machines occasionally apply one of the patches and try to run
>with it. For people that don't have access to all sorts of
>architechtures, it would be a great way of getting feedback on the
>portability of the patch prior to actual submission to -HEAD.

This would probably be fairly trivial to arrange. There is nothing
magical about the branches we build against on buildfarm - it just
happens to be HEAD and the REL_foo_STABLE branches. They are just names
in a config file.

If I had enough time there are all sorts of things like this I'd love to
set up. A fetchable url that says "try these experimental CVS branches"
or something like that would be great.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Сообщение: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines