Re: pg_hba.conf alternative

От Q Beukes
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf alternative
Дата
Re: pg_hba.conf alternative  (Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Well,

I am not looking for 100% security. I know that full access if full access,
and that even if you were to encrypt the system through Postgre the
determined
person WILL always be able to get it out if they have system level access.

All I wanted to do was to prevent the basic SQL/Linux literate user from
accessing
the databases. At the moment it is very easy for them to access the data.

I trust that they wont go as far as overwriting the system with custom
compiled
version, or copying the data and so forth. It just that we would feel
much better
if we knew the data wasn't as open as it is now, with a simple pg
restart it is all
open?

Can this only be done by maybe modifying the source to make pg_hba
fields statically
compiled into the executable?