Re: Default autovacuum settings too conservative

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Default autovacuum settings too conservative
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi, Mahesh,

Mahesh Shinde wrote:

> Does vacuum improves the performance of the database search.. As if now I
> have a table who is having a records 70 lac and daily appx 10-15 thousand
> rows get added. so please let me know which type of vacuum I should prefer.
> I am accessing a data using  java application which is hosted on the same
> database server.

I don't know what "70 lac" means.

But if you only add to the table, and never update or delete, vacuum
brings nothing for performance. (Although it is necessary for TID
wraparound prevention.)

However, if your often do range queries on an index that does not
correspond to the insertion order, you may benefit from CLUSTERing on
that index from time to time.

Hth,
Markus