Select date & time

От Jan Danielsson
Тема Select date & time
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,

   I have a table in which I have three columns (for reasons I will not
go into here): Date, time and time (milliseconds). However, I want to
start using timestamps instead. Problem is, I don't know how to get the
data in a proper format using selects.

Say I have a table:

> create table foo (ts timestamp)

..and I insert an entry:

> insert into table foo (ts) VALUES (now())

This will yield an entry which looks something like:

           ts
---------------------------
2006-02-04 19:27:31.123456

   I'm interested in retaining this information in the database, but not
when I'm going to present it. I.e. I want to be able to create a query
that will return:

    date   |   time   |
2006-02-04 | 19:27:31 |

I figured out the date part:

> select date(ts) from foo

But how do I get the "time" part? Thankful for any tips.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson

Вложения