Configure fails to find readline libraries

От Jeffrey Trimble
Тема Configure fails to find readline libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm attempting to install 8.2x postgresql, and configure fails to find the realine libraries.

Here's my configure:

./configure --with-includes=/usr/local/include:/usr/local/include/readline --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib

The readline.h file is in the include directory and the lib has the libreadline.so.6, etc.

We are using readline 6.0 on Suse Linux 11. (kernel version: 2.6.27.21-0.1-pae)

Any ideas why configure is not able to find the readline.h when I am telling where it is?

Thanks in advance.

--Jeff

Jeffrey Trimble
System LIbrarian