Re: plpython error logs

От P. Scott DeVos
Тема Re: plpython error logs
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> "P. Scott DeVos" <scott@countrysidetechnology.com> writes:
>
>>When using the Fedora Core 4 rpms for plpython, I find that when an
>>error is raised, the error logger does not report the line number of the
>>python function where the error was raised which makes debugging the
>>functions very difficult.
>

>>Using the native Windows installer, the line number is reported.
>

> It hardly seems likely that the Windows installer is what makes that
> work.

I'm sure the installer is not the key.  I was thinking more along the
lines of different compile-time options or different default
configuration files.  But I can't find anything point the way to what I
am looking for.  It isn't even that easy to compare the two--what, for
example, is the equivalent to a spec file on Windows?

   Are these two installations the same version of Postgres?  The
> same version of Python?
>
>             regards, tom lane

They are pretty close to the same versions, currently my Fedora version
is a little newer, but they used to be the same version and it worked
the same.