Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: New project launched : PostgreSQL GUI Installer for
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rick Gigger schrieb:
> I don't see why anyone has a problem with this.  I am certainly never
> going to use it but if it helps someone who isn't a linux person to  use
> it on a project when they would have used something else (like  mysql)
> or if it convinces someone to run postgres on linux instead of  windows
> because they now have a graphical installer on linux then it  seems like
> a good thing to me.  More users = bigger community =  larger potential
> pool of people to help out.  Even if people can't  code they can answer
> newbie (or advanced) questions on the mailing  lists or write
> documentation or even just tell their dba friends  about it.
>
> The more people using postgres the better.  If this will help then  I'm
> all for it.  Just because I would rather do a ./configure make  make
> install doesn't mean that thats the best route for everyone.

As was said, a gui to produce postgresql.conf files (off host)
can be of value. Also for the tune-people a package builder
can be useful too.

For other people - if they dont learn a bit about their package system
on their choosen system - they will run into other problems soon or
later.