Re: My very first PL/pgSQL procedure...

От Philippe Ferreira
Тема Re: My very first PL/pgSQL procedure...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>why not have server a start at 1 and server b start at max int8/2.  that will give each server alot of orders before
>you have an issue.  They will will not have to play games with the sequence value.
>
>Jim

Hi,

Your method is different from mine, but I think that both methods will
face the same constraints in case of failover...

Anyway, my setup is working fine, so I won't change anything !
The only point is that it could have been useful to be able to lock a
sequence...
It seems that it was possible with PostgreSQL 7.0, but was removed in 7.1 :
    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2001-10/msg00928.php

Best regards,
Philippe Ferreira.