parameter substitution problem in jdbc driver? (8.1)

От Dave E Martin
Тема parameter substitution problem in jdbc driver? (8.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
When a query of this form:

/* from xxx where yyy = ? */ select a,b,c,d from xxx where yyy = ?

is sent to the jdbc driver (as a prepared statement), it complains that
parameter 2 is not set. This is a query from hibernate3.1, with
hibernate's "generate comments in sql" option turned on.

I'm not really sure who is at fault here, or if this is one of those
unspecified things, but I would assume that parameter substitution
should not apply to comments?

Looking at the prepared statement in the debugger, it did indeed try to
do parameter substitution inside the comment.

Is the problem in the JDBC driver, in Hibernate, or in the JDBC spec?