Re: table is not a table

От Ilja Golshtein
Тема Re: table is not a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:26:39AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Ilja Golshtein" <ilejn@yandex.ru> writes:
>> > postgres=# create table ddd(f1 int4);
>> > CREATE TABLE
>> > postgres=# drop table ddd;
>> > ERROR:  "ddd" is not a table
>>
>> That's just plain bizarre.  Would you try it with \set VERBOSITY verbose
>> so we can see exactly where the error is coming from?

No extra information. Just "ERROR:  "ddd" is not a table".

>> Has this installation been working for you before?

Not really.

>> I'm wondering about
>> a corrupt backend executable file, or some such ...

Looks like.

The only special thing (and the only thing to blame)
I can imagine about this installation - ICU patch.
It was applied without any visible troubles.

>Could a corrupt catalog be responsible?

I've initialised DB cluster from scratch.
Problem exists.

>Might a query like the
>following reveal anything?
>
>SELECT c.ctid, c.xmin, c.xmax, c.oid, c.relname, c.relkind,
>       n.ctid, n.xmin, n.xmax, n.oid, n.nspname
>FROM pg_class AS c
>LEFT JOIN pg_namespace AS n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
>WHERE c.relname ~* '^ddd';

SELECT c.ctid, c.xmin, c.xmax, c.oid, c.relname, c.relkind,
       n.ctid, n.xmin, n.xmax, n.oid, n.nspname
FROM pg_class AS c
LEFT JOIN pg_namespace AS n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
WHERE c.relname ~* '^ddd';
postgres-# postgres-# postgres-# postgres-#   ctid  | xmin | xmax |  oid  | relname | relkind | ctid  | xmin | xmax |
oid | nspname
 (5,12) |  621 |    0 | 16386 | ddd     | r       | (0,6) |    2 |    0 | 2200 | public
(1 row)

--
Best regards
Ilja Golshtein