Re: Query optimization with X Y JOIN

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Query optimization with X Y JOIN
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
J@Planeti.Biz wrote:
> If I want my database to go faster, due to X then I would think that
> the issue is about performance. I wasn't aware of a paticular
> constraint on X.
>
> I have more that a rudementary understanding of what's going on here,
> I was just hoping that someone could shed some light on the basic
> principal of this JOIN command and its syntax. Most people I ask,
> don't give me straight answers and what I have already read on the web
> is not very helpful thus far.
What you are looking for is here:

http://sqlzoo.net/

It is an excellent website that discusses in depth but at a tutorial
style level how and what SQL is and how to use it. Including JOINS.

FYI, a JOIN is basically a FROM with an integrated WHERE clause. That is
a very simplified description and isn't 100% accurate
but it is close. I strongly suggest the website I mentioned above as it
will resolve your question.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/