Re: Socket read fails

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Socket read fails
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
David Hustace wrote:

> Conclusion java is doing a read on this socket, and postmaster is  doing
> a recv.

Well, that's pretty weird.

Can you reproduce this with a recent driver and loglevel=2 (append it as
a URL parameter to your JDBC URL) and send me the resulting debug output
offlist? It sounds like it might be hard to trigger though :(

> We are considering the use of DataSource instead of the deprecated
> DriverManager, since DriverManager is synchronized.  Any thoughts on
> the system level debugging above or the use of the DataSource Interface?

I doubt that using DataSource will make any difference. From the stack
traces you showed, this does not look like a Java-level deadlock at all.

(I noticed that your two stack traces seem to be talking to different
server versions, though.. what's up with that?)

-O