Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Top 10 Wishlist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
  > It would definately be nice if the end-user concept of column order
> wasn't tied to the physical order in the database.

Ok this may be over simplistic, but we have a attnum for the physical
order, why not just add a attorder and then we could just change that
numbering and order by that field instead of attnum?

That is exactly how Firebird does it.

I first started to develop FB Lightning Admin and when I discovered
Postgresql I immediately switched :-), so that's how I know how Firebird
does things.

The whole re ordering thing is purely for organization are readability,
but it's something that is asked for by many peope using PG admin tools.

It can be done now, but it's a huge PITA...the whole creating a new
table with the right order, copying the data to the new table,
recreating all contrainsts,indexes,triggers etc,dropping the original
table etc makes me shudder..

Later,

--
Tony Caduto