Re: Plans for 8.2?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Plans for 8.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Aly Dharshi wrote:

>> Active, active as in multi-master?
>
>     More like a Oracle grid system. 10g.

Heh. Well here is the thing. Oracle has billions of dollars.

Plus.

1. We really don't compete against Oracle grid. The people that *need*
Oracle grid, are going to buy Oracle grid.

2. We don't need to compete against Oracle grid as nobody else that
could be considered competition has it either.

3. We will get there in time but we have more important things to worry
about.

I would rather us be a 100% solution for 98% of the people then a 100%
solution for 2%.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake