Re: Sun-Oracle lovefest: PostGreNeverMind

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Sun-Oracle lovefest: PostGreNeverMind
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Ned Lilly wrote:

> http://news.com.com/2100-1012-6025568.html
>
> "The bigger the machine, the cooler this gets," Sun CEO Scott McNealy
> said at a Sun-Oracle employee town hall meeting at Oracle headquarters
> where the deal was announced. "We're going to effectively give you the
> Oracle database for free with a year of support with our new pricing
> model."

I don't read it as PostGreNeverMind. I read it as Oracle has more
mindshare, marketshare and more money then PostgreSQL so it makes darn
good business
sense to have a partnership with Oracle as well.

Sun is going to go where the money is. There is not a ton of money in
PostgreSQL or MySQL (although a heck of a lot more in MySQL).

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/