Re: Question about Postgresql time fields(possible bug)

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Question about Postgresql time fields(possible bug)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That's not really the point. The ISO 8601 standard allows midnight to be
> expressed as 00:00:00 or 24:00:00 to enable you to tell which midnight is
> being referred to (ie. The beginning or the end of the day).
>
> PostgreSQL allows you to make use of that part of the standard, and as admin
> tool authors I think we should honour what it allows, provided it's not
> blatantly non-standard. It's up to the user to decide whether or not they
> actually make use of the facility.

For most database applications there is no practical reason to be using
a time of 24:00:00(at least none I can think of) and Delphi does not
allow a timestamp to contain 24 in the hours position.
I have reported it to my database component vendor, maybe they will
address it, maybe not.

Doing a little research I found that some DBs support it (DB2 for
example) and others do not.

Since I am targeting mostly windows users with my product, I guess for
now I will just allow it to be flagged as invalid.

Later,

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design