Re: Best programming language / connectivity for best performance

От John McCawley
Тема Re: Best programming language / connectivity for best performance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I really wouldn't take relative DB performance into much consideration
when choosing a programming language for your project.  I have found
that the actual Language/API overhead to be pretty inconsequential in
most of my projects.  When my DB access is slow, I have found it is
almost always a problem with my query or the DB is just overloaded.

There is one exception I can think of, and that's doing bound controls
in VB through ODBC.  I haven't done bound controls in VB for years and
years, so I don't even know if it's still in the language, but they're
crappy and you shouldn't use them.  When I'm using a RAD tool like VB
etc. I *never* use design-level tools to handle my DB IO.  When I write
a client side app, I manually handle my own DB IO and let the GUI simply
handle the user interface.