Re: could not access status of transaction 0

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: could not access status of transaction 0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>
>>ERROR: could not access status of transaction 0
>>DETAIL: could not create file
>>/var/databases/postgres/data/pg_subtrans/57DA<<: File exists
>

>>and seems to be generated in backend/access/transam/slru.c
>>it looks like we got those(with changing filenames) about 5 times during
>>the last 2 months mostly during low-utilisation times (on this
>>particular database - not on the server itself).
>

> Hm ... can you check exactly what set of filenames exists in
> pg_subtrans/ when this happens?  Is it always referencing pg_subtrans/,
> or are there similar complains about pg_clog/ ?

it always complains about pg_subtrans/ , as for finding out what files
are in that directory when that happens - I will try to put something in
place that monitors the direcory.
However it might take a while until we get a result out of this since I
cannot reproduce this issue at will and it only happens rarely :-(

Stefan