Re: Hardware recommendation for PostgreSQL on Windows?

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Hardware recommendation for PostgreSQL on Windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

>I an planning to make a small Windows application and need a nice database.... I am used to using PostgreSQL
>under Linux and I am thinking about using this under Windows but how much resources does it use under Windows?
>The server will be running on the workstation along with the Windows application, so it should be lite...
>And I know that maybe I should be using something else, like SQLite or something but I have never used it and
>I don't want to spend too much time learning how to use other databases... And I am also going to use Delphi,
>so I am not sure how well any other db is supported....?

You should be fine using the win32 version on the same PC as the app.
If you need something really lite and embedded right in your Delphi
application you might want to take a look at the free embedded version
of Nexus DB (Flash Filer decendent).

Delphi works great with Postgresql and there are several components to
choose, if you want free then Zeos is a good choice
http://www.zeoslib.net or if you don't mind paying a small amount you
can use PostgresDAC from http://www.microolap.com.

I use PostgresDAC for development of PG Lightning Admin
(http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com), so it's a good reliable choice.

Hope this helps,

Tony Caduto
AM Software Design
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Problems building pg 8.1.1
От: Daniel Kunkel
Сообщение: Re: Adding another primary key to a populated table