Re: Hardware recommendation for PostgreSQL on Windows?

От Bjørn T Johansen
Тема Re: Hardware recommendation for PostgreSQL on Windows?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> ""Bjørn T Johansen"" <btj@havleik.no> wrote
>> I an planning to make a small Windows application and need a nice
>> database.... I am used to using PostgreSQL
>> under Linux and I am thinking about using this under Windows but how much
>> resources does it use under Windows?
>> The server will be running on the workstation along with the Windows
>> application, so it should be lite...
>> And I know that maybe I should be using something else, like SQLite or
>> something but I have never used it and
>> I don't want to spend too much time learning how to use other databases...
>> And I am also going to use Delphi,
>> so I am not sure how well any other db is supported....?
>>

> I am not sure how exactly you want to use PostgreSQL? In a client
> application or as a backend database server?

Well, it would be more like in a client application but I am not sure if there are going to be more than one
user in the future...

> Need (1) multiple-connections?

See above, only one user now but might be more..

(2) Need transaction?

Don't need, but nice to have the option..

(3) SQL?

Well, SQL would make things easier..

> Regards,
> Qingqing