Re: improving write performance for logging application

От: Steve Eckmann
Тема: Re: improving write performance for logging application
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
 Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (dlang, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
 Re: improving write performance for logging application  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Kelly Burkhart, )
    Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
 Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Ian Westmacott, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging application  (Steve Eckmann, )
  Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ron, )
   Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ian Westmacott, )
    Re: improving write performance for logging  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
     Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ian Westmacott, )
      Re: improving write performance for logging  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
       Re: improving write performance for logging  (Ian Westmacott, )
        Re: improving write performance for logging  (Tom Lane, )
      Re: improving write performance for logging  (Michael Stone, )

Ian Westmacott wrote:

>We have a similar application thats doing upwards of 2B inserts
>per day.  We have spent a lot of time optimizing this, and found the
>following to be most beneficial:
>
>1)  use COPY (BINARY if possible)
>2)  don't use triggers or foreign keys
>3)  put WAL and tables on different spindles (channels if possible)
>4)  put as much as you can in each COPY, and put as many COPYs as
>    you can in a single transaction.
>5)  watch out for XID wraparound
>6)  tune checkpoint* and bgwriter* parameters for your I/O system

Thanks, Ian. I will look at how to implement your suggestions.

Regards, Steve

От: Ian Westmacott
Сообщение: Re: improving write performance for logging
От: Mark Liberman
Сообщение: Help in avoiding a query 'Warm-Up' period/shared buffer cache