Re: What's the best hardver for PostgreSQL 8.1?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: What's the best hardver for PostgreSQL 8.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Luke Lonergan wrote:

>David,
>

>>now hot-swap may not be supported on all interface types, that may be what
>>you have run into, but with SCSI or SATA you should be able to hot-swap
>>with the right controller.
>>

>That's actually the problem - Linux hot swap is virtually non-functional for SCSI.  You can write into the proper
placesin /proc, then remove and rescan to get a new drive up, but I've found that the resulting OS state is flaky.
Thisis true of the latest 2.6 kernels and LSI and Adaptec SCSI controllers.

>The problems I've seen are  with Linux, not the controllers.

Interesting, I have had zero problems with Linux and SATA with LSI
controllers and hot plug. I wonder what the difference is. The LSI
controller even though SATA just uses the scsi driver.

Joshua D. Drake

Co-Authors: PLphp, PLperl - http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: William Yu
Сообщение: Re: What's the best hardver for PostgreSQL 8.1?
От: David Lang
Сообщение: Re: What's the best hardver for PostgreSQL 8.1?