Re: is this a bug or I am blind?

От Mage
Тема Re: is this a bug or I am blind?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

>On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 05:01:15PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>

>>Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
>>

>>>I think the real solution is to implement COLLATE support.
>>>

>>Maybe so, but we still need to figure out what we're doing for the back
>>branches, and that won't be it ...
>>

>To be honest, there are really only a handful of locales that suffer
>from this issue, so perhaps we should document it and move on.

I don't agree. Usually I read the whole documentation of the software I
use, but you cannot presume that every user even with good sql skills
will check the documentation for a thing he wouldn't imagine.

With knowing the background it is understandable locale problem, but in
the user's point of view it's a weird and serious bug which shouldn't be
there. Using hu_HU with latin2 is a normal marrying.

Some users (including me) don't always read the "known issues" chapter,
even for a good quality software.

       Mage