Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello, Andreas,

Andreas Seltenreich wrote:

>>Btw, there's another setting that might make a difference:
>>Having ACID-Level SERIALIZABLE or READ COMMITED?
>
> Well, if nonrepeatable or phantom reads would pose a problem because
> of those occasional writes, you wouldn't be considering autocommit for
> performance reasons either, would you?

Yes, the question is purely performance-wise. We don't care about any
read/write conflicts in this special case.

Some time ago, I had some tests with large bulk insertions, and it
turned out that SERIALIZABLE seemed to be 30% faster, which surprised us.

That's why I ask this questions, and mainly because we currently cannot
perform a large bunch of benchmarking.

Thanks,
Markus

Сообщение: Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback
Сообщение: Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback