FW: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA Interface

От Dan Gowin
Тема FW: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Gowin
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 1998 10:46 AM
To: 'Cary B. O'Brien'
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA Interface

All,I agree with below. The ORB should be a seperate
daemon from the backend. Not only will the stability
of the backend be affected if the ORB is placed in the
backend, but performance will also suffer. The ORB should
be developed as a seperate daemon which -could- be placed
on a seperate server to increase performance. Also remember,
however the ORB is designed, it will consume alot of CPU
and memory resources within the server.

D.