Re: [Q] optmizing postgres for 'single client' / many small queries

От William Temperley
Тема Re: [Q] optmizing postgres for 'single client' / many small queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> Just out of curiosity, does anyone know of any ORM anywhere that doesn't
> suck?  They seem to be uniformly awful, at least in terms of their
> interfaces to SQL databases.  If there were some we could recommend,
> maybe people would be less stuck with these bogus legacy architectures.

I personally like sqlalchemy - http://www.sqlalchemy.org/.

Some of the good things:
1. Table reflection, i.e. dynamic generation of mapped python classes
- great at development time - no mismatch between db and client side
code.
2. Easily extensible - about 10 lines of code gives you an interface
to Geos geometries retrieved from PostGIS
3. It seems to be possible to produce arbitrarily complex sql
statements. OK, they're usually less readable than sql, but for
dynamic query generation it definitely beats manually chopping up
text.

Cheers, Will T