Re: Schema bug

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Schema bug
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
>>I had two ways to fix this bug : detect system schemas on
>>their names, or
>>detect public schema by its OID. I think it's better to only
>>keep the public
>>schema with its OID, it's much less risky to have a wrong
>>one. That's what
>>the patch is doing :
>>  AND nspname != 'public'
>>is replaced by
>>  AND nsp.oid != 2200
>>
>>I still think this patch should be applied.
>
> Does anyone see a reason /not/ to do this?
I'd prefer system-catalogs being excluded by name - preferably the
exclusion-list would be editable, and part of the pgadmin preferences.
Seems more transparent to me - and future-proof, in the sense that
even if a future postgres version chooses to rename some catalog, the
user will be able to just add the new names to the exclusion list.

greetings, Florian Pflug

От: svn@pgadmin.org
Сообщение: SVN Commit by andreas: r4841 - branches/REL-1_4_0_PATCHES/pgadmin3/src/slony
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Schema bug