[Bug] Server Crash, possible security exploit, where to send security report?

От Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Тема [Bug] Server Crash, possible security exploit, where to send security report?
Дата
Re: Server Crash, possible security exploit, where to send security report?  (Jaime Casanova <systemguards@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

while playing with Npgsql I faced an
strange behavior of Postgresql server.

I have all the details of it and I thought it could be a severe security
exploit, so I don't send it in clear to this mailing list directly as, I
think, anybody with this information could Dos postgresql servers.

Please, send me information to where/who I should send the details in
order this can be fixed as soon as possible.

This is the log I get when I receive the problem. I think that as server
is killing all processes, any client which can do that can kill all
client connections to that server. That's why I think it is very dangerous.

DEBUG:  server process (PID 2874) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  server process (PID 2874) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
DEBUG:  sending SIGQUIT to process 2111
DEBUG:  sending SIGQUIT to process 2112
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2005-12-12 17:54:12 BRST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/38E290
LOG:  redo record is at 0/38E290; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 619; next OID: 24576
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  record with zero length at 0/38E2D4
LOG:  redo is not required
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  transaction ID wrap limit is 2147484148, limited by database
"postgres"

- --
Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.