Re: Concurrent CREATE INDEX, try 2 (was Re: Reducing relation locking

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Concurrent CREATE INDEX, try 2 (was Re: Reducing relation locking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> ...REINDEX...CREATE/DROP INDEX...

I'm curious if partitioning can help help
provide online create/reindex.

For example, if I could set set up a table
partitioned by "modified time"; could I make
a new partition so all new inserts go into a
new partition and then I can re-index / create-index
on the old partitions concurrently because only
reads and deletes would be happening on that
old table?

The new partition would have a new index anyway
so no reindex would even be needed on that part.