Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc, All,

> IMHO ... the big mistake was not creating a 'pgdn' project on pgfoundry,
> instead of piggy backing on the kennigres one like is being done ...
> piggy back like that gives the impression that a decision has been made
> to use that project ...

Just so you're aware: Deleting a project off of pgFoundry is a painful
process requring admin time on the server command line.  As the
interitor of the SF.net code, GForge just never devoted much attention
to dropping projects (SF.net has a policy never to do so).

So I wasn't about to start a new project which might be quickly
discarded.   This will be true of other efforts in the future, as well
... we just don't want to use a pgFoundry project for something temporary.

--Josh

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: