Re: [GENERAL] need help

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: [GENERAL] need help
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jenny schrieb:
> I'm running PostgreSQL 8.0.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu (Fedora Core 2). I've been
> dealing with Psql for over than 2 years now, but I've never had this case
> before.
>
> I have a table that has about 20 rows in it.
>
>        Table "public.s_apotik"
>     Column         |          Type                |     Modifiers
> -------------------+------------------------------+------------------
> obat_id            | character varying(10)        | not null
> stock              | numeric                      | not null
> s_min              | numeric                      | not null
> s_jual             | numeric                      |
> s_r_jual           | numeric                      |
> s_order            | numeric                      |
> s_r_order          | numeric                      |
> s_bs               | numeric                      |
> last_receive       | timestamp without time zone  |
>    "s_apotik_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree(obat_id)
>
> When I try to UPDATE one of the row, nothing happens for a very long time.
> First, I run it on PgAdminIII, I can see the miliseconds are growing as I
> waited. Then I stop the query, because the time needed for it is unbelievably
> wrong.
>
> Then I try to run the query from the psql shell. For example, the table has
> obat_id : A, B, C, D.
> db=# UPDATE s_apotik SET stock = 100 WHERE obat_id='A';
> (.... nothing happens.. I press the Ctrl-C to stop it. This is what comes out
> :)
> Cancel request sent
> ERROR: canceling query due to user request
>
> (If I try another obat_id)
> db=# UPDATE s_apotik SET stock = 100 WHERE obat_id='B';
> (Less than a second, this is what comes out :)
> UPDATE 1
>
> I can't do anything to that row. I can't DELETE it. Can't DROP the table.
> I want this data out of my database.
> What should I do? It's like there's a falsely pointed index here.

1) lets hope you do regulary backups - and actually tested restore.
1a) if not, do it right now
2) reindex the table
3) try again to modify

Q: are there any foreign keys involved? If so, reindex those
tables too, just in case.

did you vacuum regulary?

HTH
Tino

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: two disks - best way to use them?