Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 20:09 schrieb C. Filipe Medeiros:
>
>>     I think a major step that the development community behind Pgsql
>> could take to advance the project would be to take Tsearch2 or OpenFTS
>> and make one of them (I prefer the Tsearch2 architecture, but then I
>> haven't used OpenFTS in a while) native to Postgres rather than a contrib.
>>

> This is certainly a completely misguided solution to your problem.  Imagine
> what software packages like Linux, Perl, or Apache would look like today if
> the response to every "my hoster has not installed module X" had been "let's
> put X in the core distribution".  One could certainly argue about the merits
> of full-text search in particular, but that will only postpone your real
> problem until next week.

Not to mention that Tsearch2 is part of PostgreSQL. If your hoster
doesn't realize the benifits, change
hosting companies ;)... Or ask them to install postgresql-contrib.

Joshua D. Drake

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text Search
От: "C. Filipe Medeiros"
Сообщение: Re: First Step to Major Use: Integrated Full-Text