Re: fts, compond words?

От Marcus Engene
Тема Re: fts, compond words?
Дата
Re: fts, compond words?
Список pgsql-general
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Marcus Engene wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I use the tsearch full text search with pg 8.0.3. It works great, but
>> I wonder if it's possible to search for compound words?
>> Ie if I search for "New York" i want to get a match on
>>  New York has traffic problems.
>> but not on
>>  New axe murderer incident in brittish York.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> I don't use any wrapper, just
>> select
>> from
>> where
>> idxfti @@ to_tsquery('default', 'searchstring')
>

> ranking function is what you need. Read documentation.

Hi,

I realized from the documentation that I'm not looking for
compound words after all, I meant "exact phrase".

I can't see how to make rank tell me which results has an
exact phrase? Like "there must be a occurence of 'new' before
'york'"  (stemmed not really exact phrase)?

Is there something new in rank for pg 8.1?

Thanks!
Marcus