Re: psql: no chance to enter password in certain situations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: no chance to enter password in certain situations
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Christoph Becker <cgbecker@gmx.de> writes:
> OS ist Windows XP Prof, PgSQL version is rc5 via windowsinstaller
> When trying to restore a db, psql does not ask for the password but
> responds imediately with an erromessage as in the following example:

> F:\doka\bak>psql -U postgres template1 < pg_dump_all_2005-01-11.txt
> Password:
> psql: FATAL:  password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I'm not sure that it's possible to fix that.  On Unix we read the
password from /dev/tty not stdin, but on Windows that trick (probably)
does not work, and we have to fall back to reading from stdin ...
which you've stuffed with the input file.  Better to use -f to source
the input file.