Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access

От Campbell, Greg
Тема Re: Data showing up as #Deleted in Access
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Access is trying to maintain an updateable recordset when you just open a table.
For an updateable table it need to be able to identify each record, in case you trying to change a value
on the record.
So it tries to determine if there is a primary key or by matching each field, can it determine a virtual
primary key.
If it knows the record "was/is" there but cannot determine a primary key, it says deleted -- This may not
be exact in the detail, but seems to be the principle.

The situation is usually aided by having tables with good primary keys. If you change the indexes or keys,
update the linked table in Access.
It is also helped sometimes by turning on row-versioning for the connection -- I usually use the ODBC
administrator and then use Access to refresh the linked tables, or drop and re-link the tables.

If these steps do not help, post a response for more help. You can also search this mailing lists website
archives for the "deleted" thing.

Chris Moore wrote:

> I'm trying to get ODBC working for the first time so that I can access
> a Postgres database from Access.  I'm running PostgrSQL 8.0.3, PostgreSQL
> ODBC 8.01.01.01, and Access 2003 version 11.6355.6360 SP1.  The database
> is on a system running RedHat Linux 2.6.9-6.37-EL and the client is running
> Windows XP SP2.
>
> When I try to open the ODBC data source in Access I see the list of tables
> correctly.  If I pick one of the tables and open it I get the correct field
> names and the correct number of rows, but every field in every row says
> "#Deleted"
> instead of having data.
>
> Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?
>
> Thanks,