Core Dump

От Kevin T. Ryan
Тема Core Dump
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Good Evening -

I have been trying to install PostgreSQL on my windows machine via
cygwin.  I followed the instructions to install it as a service, and
everything *seemed* to go fine.  But when I try to start it up (i.e.,
cygrunsrv -S postmaster) it core dumps.  The /var/log/postmaster.log gives:

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=610028AA

amongst a load of other information.  I found several links to the
problem via Google (e.g.,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-cygwin/2005-07/msg00005.php), but I
could not locate a solution (if there was one) in the archives.  I was
wondering if this problem has been resolved or if there is something I
can do to fix it on my machine.  I apologize if the problem was solved
and I couldn't find it :)

Thank you kindly!

Kevin T. Ryan
--