Re: RES: pg_dump slow

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: RES: pg_dump slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Franklin Haut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, my problem is that the pg_dump takes 40 secs to complete under
> WinXP and 50 minutes under W2K! The same database, the same hardware!,
> only diferrent Operational Systems.
>
> The hardware is:
>    Pentium4 HT 3.2 GHz
>    1024 Mb Memory
>    HD 120Gb SATA

There have been reports of very slow network performance on Win2k
systems with the default configuration. You'll have to check the
archives for details I'm afraid. This might apply to you.

If you're happy that doesn't affect you then I'd look at the disk system
- perhaps XP has newer drivers than Win2k.

What do the MS performance-charts show is happening? Specifically, CPU
and disk I/O.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd