Re: Using INET types in prepared statements in Java?

От Thomas Burdairon
Тема Re: Using INET types in prepared statements in Java?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Jun 13, 2007, at 07:58, LITTLE Nelson wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create a prepared statement in JAVA via JDBC and one of the parameters I need to set in the SQL statement is of type INET. As there is no setInet() method how do I pass in the INET value into the sql statement?

I have tried this:

"     WHERE b.ip = ?::inet"

But I get “org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: cannot cast type character varying to inet”

I also tried

"     WHERE b.ip = ?"

And I get “org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: cannot cast type character varying to inet”

I really want to use prepared statement as I have to run this SQL statement over and over and it is supposed to be more efficient.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Nelson

Hy Nelson