Re: pgstattuple_approx for toasted table

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: pgstattuple_approx for toasted table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
> I was testing pgstattuple and I realized that pgstattuple is working on toasted table but pgstattuple_approx is
raisingthe next error msg :

> ERROR:  "pg_toast_18292" is not a table or materialized view
>
> ahm, is that because the pgstattuple_approx uses visibility map ? Can someone explain ? tnx.

You are right; here is the code:

    /*
     * We support only ordinary relations and materialised views, because we
     * depend on the visibility map and free space map for our estimates about
     * unscanned pages.
     */
    if (!(rel->rd_rel->relkind == RELKIND_RELATION ||
          rel->rd_rel->relkind == RELKIND_MATVIEW))
        ereport(ERROR,
                (errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
                 errmsg("\"%s\" is not a table or materialized view",
                        RelationGetRelationName(rel))));

Yours,
Laurenz Albe