Re: High context switches occurring

От Sven Geisler
Тема Re: High context switches occurring
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Anjan,

I can support Scott. You should turn on HT if you see high values for CS.

I do have a few customers running a web-based 3-tier application with
PostgreSQL. We had to turn off HT to have better overall performance.
The issue is the behavior under high load. I notice that HT on does
collapse faster.

Just a question. Which version of XEON do you have? What is does the
server have as memory architecture.

I think, Dual-Core XEON's are no issue. One of our customers does use a
4-way Dual-Core Opteron 875 since a few months. We have Pg 8.0.3 and it
runs perfect. I have to say that we use a special patch from Tom which
fix an issue with the looking of shared buffers and the Opteron.
I notice that this patch is also useful for XEON's with EMT64.

Best regards
Sven.

--
/This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not

Sven Geisler <sgeisler@aeccom.com> Tel +49.30.5362.1627 Fax .1638
Senior Developer,    AEC/communications GmbH    Berlin,   Germany

Сообщение: Re: Very slow queries - please help.
Сообщение: Re: Very slow queries - please help.