Re: Switching user within connection.

От Rob Kirkbride
Тема Re: Switching user within connection.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
smitha wrote:

> Hi Rob !!
>
>          Just now I got ur Query.  I will check it. I have doubt. If
> You know the answer for this Please reply to me. I am breaking my head
> to solve this.
>
> This is my Java Program.  I get connected with the Postgresql Database
> and the query get executed and it affects in the Database.....A new
> user is created in the Database.. But i am getting the Exception "No
> result were returned by the query"  what could be the reason.....Plz
> tell me
>

> // .java - example connection to a Postgresql (Database)
>
> import java.io.*;
> import java.sql.*;
>
> public class connect
> {
>     public static String villageName = null;
>     public static final boolean DEBUG = false;
>
>     public static void main (String[] args)
>     {
>         //Ge t a Connection to Postgres
>         try
>         {
>             Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
>         }
>         catch (ClassNotFoundException e)
>         {
>             System.err.println( "Driver not found: " + e + "\n" +
> e.getMessage() );
>         }
>         try
>         {
>             String url="jdbc:postgresql://10.163.2.95:5432/collabland";
>             Connection
> con=DriverManager.getConnection(url,"postgres","postgres");*
>             Statement st=con.createStatement();
>
>     String logName = "kala";
>     String passwd = "kala";
>
>     String  query1 = "CREATE user " + logName + " with password '" +
> passwd + "' createuser";
>             ResultSet rs= st.executeQuery(query1);
>        System.out.println(query1);
>        System.out.println("user created");
>         }
>         catch (SQLException sqlex)
>             {
>                 if (DEBUG) sqlex.printStackTrace();
>                System.out.println(sqlex.getMessage());
>              //  return false;
>             }
>                System.out.println("after catch block");
>
>            }
> }
>
> *

(Correct top post - also please don't email off list)

I use the following syntax :

create user 'username' encrypted password 'password'

It works ok for me providing I don't try and use a prepared statement -
it doesn't seem to translate the $1 correctly in the username.

Rob

Сообщение: Re: Switching user within connection.
Сообщение: Re: Switching user within connection.