Re: Switching user within connection.

От Rob Kirkbride
Тема Re: Switching user within connection.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Rob Kirkbride wrote:
>
>> Is there a standard way (or indeed a special way in Postgres) to
>> switch user/password without creating a new connection?
>> You can obviously do it within psql with \c but I wondered whether
>> there was a way in JDBC?
>

> There is no standard JDBC way I know of, short of reconnecting.
>
> AFAIK there's no way at the protocol level to reauthenticate as a
> different user on an existing connection. I believe psql's \c command
> actually establishes a new connection.
>
> If you originally connected as the database superuser you could use
> SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION to get a similar effect; see
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-set-session-authorization.html.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'd guessed that would be the reply. It's
probably off topic really now but I wanted to maintain a series of
pooled connections but with potentially different users. I got lost
reading the JCA documentation which may do something clever but I'm
guessing if the underlying JDBC driver doesn't support it then there's
not a lot it can do really.

Rob

От: Oliver Jowett
Сообщение: Re: Can PostgreSQL do data type automated casting in
От: Rob Kirkbride
Сообщение: Re: Switching user within connection.