Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bootstrap DATA is a pita
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> writes:
> Now, if we know that pg_type.dat will be processed before pg_proc.dat,
> we can replace all the Oids representing datatypes in pg_proc.dat with the
> names for those types, given that we already have a name <=> oid
> mapping for types.

I don't think this is quite as simple as you paint it.  How can you
process pg_type.dat first, when it contains pg_proc references?  Doing
pg_proc first is no better, because it contains pg_type references.

I believe it's soluble, but it's going to take something more like
out the .bki entries for each catalog.  Fortunately, the volume of
bootstrap data is small enough that that won't be a problem on any
machine capable of running modern Postgres ...

Сообщение: Re: Fwd: [GENERAL] pgxs/config/missing is... missing
Сообщение: Re: Fwd: [GENERAL] pgxs/config/missing is... missing