Re: postgresql odbc driver 7.3+ Visual Studio .Net

От Leendert Paul Diterwich
Тема Re: postgresql odbc driver 7.3+ Visual Studio .Net
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Last night I found a way to successfully reproduce the problem with the 08.01.0005 driver. In the 08.01.0006 driver the problem seems to be fixed! I could try to find out what went wrong in the 08.01.0005 version? But great work!

Van: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@vale-housing.co.uk]
Verzonden: vrijdag 4 november 2005 9:30
Aan: paul@diterwich.com; pgsql-odbc@
postgresql.org
Onderwerp: RE: [ODBC] postgresql odbc driver 7.3+ Visual Studio .Net

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Leendert Paul Diterwich
Sent: 28 October 2005 09:35
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org

Dear All,

I'm building a ms.net database connected application that connects via PostgreSQL.

I'm having this problem for a while but perhaps you guys know what is going on.

When I use the 7.3 driver then everything works ok! But when I use a later version of the 8.* series

I get ODBC exeptions. When I check the debugger message the ODBC exception is empty.

Also the log is empty no errors whatsoever. So currently I'm using the 7.3 driver, but do you guys perhaps

know what has changed in the driver that might explain the behavior?

There have been some major changes, though I'm beginning to get the impression this morning that few people have tested them :-(

Can you reproduce the problem with 08.01.0006? With mylog switched on, can you see what function it actually crashes in? (it probably won't show any crash, just end abruptly).

Regards, Dave.