Re: [HACKERS] One-shot expanded output in psql using \G

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: [HACKERS] One-shot expanded output in psql using \G
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    Stephen Frost wrote:

> That's not how '\dx' works, as I pointed out, so I don't see having the
> second character being 'x' to imply "\x mode" makes sense.

\gx means "like \g but output with expanded display"
It turns out that it's semantically close to "\g with \x" so
I refered to it like that as a shortcut upthread, my fault.
It was never meant to establish a precedent that combining
two letters would mean "do the first one-letter command and the
second as a sub-command" which indeed woud be inconsistent with
the existing \ef, \sf, \sv, \d[*] and so on.

> I can't recall ever using the other formatting toggles (aligned, HTML,
> and tuples only) before in interactive sessions, except (rarely) with
> \o.

\a is handy to read sizeable chunks of text in fields that
contain newlines, and personally I need it on a regular basis
in interactive sessions. It depends on the kind of data you have to work
with.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité